Your residential and commercial title company.
From the simplest residential closing to the most complex commercial real estate transactions, Lawyers Title is committed to providing unmatched expertise and exceptional customer service.
Lawyers Title Company is proud to be a part of the Fidelity National Title Group, a Fortune 500 Company. Founded in 1925, Lawyers title began in Richmond, Virginia, and has experienced dynamic growth and a reputation for continued success throughout the years. In late 2008, Lawyers Title joined the Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (NYSE: FNF) family of companies, which collectively represents the largest title insurance and escrow services company in the world. You’ll be doing business with the same people you’ve known and trusted for years, but with the knowledge that your real estate transactions are backed by Fidelity – the #1 leader in financial strength.
- Clearing Title
- Removing Liens
- Warranty Deed Preparation
- Deed of Trust Preparation
- Promissory Notes
- Power of Attorney
- Heirship Affidavit
- Wills and Trusts
- See Law Office for Additional Legal Services
21 Reasons for Title Insurance
Buying Property Is A Numbers Business
- A fire destroys only the house and improvements. The ground is left. A defective title may take away not only the house, but also the land on which it stands. Title insurance protects you (as specified in the policy) against such loss.
- A deed or mortgage in the chain of title may be a forgery.
- A deed or a mortgage may have been signed by a person under age.
- A deed or a mortgage may have been made by an insane person or one otherwise incompetent.
- A deed or a mortgage may have been made under a power of attorney after its termination and would, therefore, be void.
- A deed or a mortgage may have been made by a person other than the owner, but with the same name as the owner.
- The testator of a will might have had a child born after the execution of the will, a fact that would entitle the child to claim his or her share of the property.
- A deed or mortgage may have been procured by fraud or duress.
- Title transferred by an heir may be subject to a federal estate tax lien.
- An heir or other person presumed dead may appear and recover the property or an interest therein.
- A judgment or levy upon which the title is dependent may be void or voidable on account of some defect in the proceeding.
- Title insurance covers attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- Title insurance helps speed negotiations when you’re ready to sell or obtain a loan.
- By insuring the title, you can eliminate delays and technicalities when passing your title on to someone else.
- Title insurance reimburses you for the amount of your covered losses.
- A deed or mortgage may be voidable because it was signed while the grantor was in bankruptcy.
- Each title insurance policy we write is paid up, in full, by the first premium for as long as you or your heirs own the property.
- There may be a defect in the recording of a document upon which your title is dependent.
- Claims constantly arise due to marital status and validity of divorces. Only title insurance protects against claims made by non-existent or divorced “wives” or “husbands.”
- Many lawyers, in giving an opinion on a title, protect their clients as well as themselves, by procuring title insurance.
- Over the last 24 years, claims have risen dramatically.
Rely On Lawyers Title To Protect Your Investment
Every owner, purchaser and beneficiary, whether by a deed or contract, should have an insured title. The entire investment depends upon the quality of title. If you are buying real estate mortgages, you are paying for a good title and you should see that you have one. If either fire insurance or title insurance is omitted, your security is not complete.
Our title policy protects you against unforeseen defects in title that an abstract or the public records do not show and cannot show… nor any attorney’s opinion includes.
Whether this is your first or fiftieth real estate investment, ask your real estate agent or broker to specify Lawyers Title during your transaction.